Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Stripping Cloth Diapers

This winter my son's diapers became unbarably stinky! The ammonia and bacteria build was intense! In desperation, I tried everything.
In the end, the best solution happened to be super cheap and easy:

Washing Soda -- Pour two or three tables spoons of washing soda into the load like you would powdered detergent.

Hydrogen Peroxide -- Pour two or three tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide into the bleach cup on your washer.

And Sunshine -- I would also recommend drying your diapers in the sun. The sunshine really helps bleach them white and takes out the smell.

Though this works great for regular stripping, rinse the diapers well, since the hydrogen peroxide is a little harsh for some skin. Also, I would not advise doing this as everyday washing since that hydrogen peroxide can build up and may irritate delicate skin. (This disclaimer is a new edit because I used this method of cleaning instead of soap for 6 months and my newborn son began to have a reaction to it.)



No comments:

Post a Comment